You’ve probably heard about the importance of energy efficiency for your industrial facility. But how do you increase energy efficiency in your facility in tangible ways? Let’s look at several industrial energy efficiency measures you can implement in your facility. These measures can help you realize your facility’s energy savings potential.
- Discover steps you can take to improve your facility’s energy efficiency.
- Learn about the aspects of industrial facilities that consume the most energy.
- Find out how energy efficiency consulting improves your facility’s performance.
How to Increase Your Industrial Energy Efficiency
If you’re wondering, “How can energy efficiency be increased?”, wonder no more. Here are several energy efficiency upgrades you can implement in your facility:
- Turn everything off: Do you turn machinery, lights, and computers off when you and your workforce aren’t using them? You should. Machinery and other industrial facility components still consume energy when they’re on but left idle. Turn off all lights, machinery, computers, and other facility components after you use them to save energy.
- Schedule routine equipment maintenance: If you don’t schedule regular maintenance and cleaning for your industrial equipment, it could end up consuming more energy than necessary for its operations. Clean, well-maintained industrial equipment works efficiently and consumes the right amount of energy for its size and design.
- Replace old equipment: Do you regularly replace equipment and machinery when it hits its end-of-life phase? Or do you hold onto it to squeeze as much use out of it as possible? While the second option may seem tempting because you’ll invest in new equipment less often, that option can make your facility less efficient. If you periodically invest in new equipment and machinery, you can take advantage of newer, more energy-efficient technologies.
- Install programmable thermostats: A programmable thermostat helps you set specific temperature points for your heating and cooling systems. Here’s a good rule of thumb for temperature scheduling: keep your facility more comfortable for occupants during peak performance periods and lower or raise the temperature when your facility is unoccupied. For example, during the summer months, you can set the thermostat for cooler temperatures during operating hours and higher temperatures outside of those hours. Programmable thermostats allow you to set temperatures in advance and adjust them remotely. You can save energy by increasing your control over your facility’s temperatures.
- Manage air compressors: Air compressors often create large amounts of energy waste in industrial facilities. How does this happen? Some air compressors are designed poorly, while others don’t fit the energy demands of the buildings they’re installed in. Air compressors account for up to $3.2 billion in wasted utility payments each year in the U.S. Use the right type of air compressor for your facility to reduce your energy bills in the long run.
- Schedule an energy audit: If you want to know how energy efficient your facility currently is, schedule an energy audit from Air Power USA. During an audit, we perform a walkthrough assessment of your industrial energy systems. Then we help you develop energy efficiency strategies to improve your facility’s energy consumption.
How Does Air Power USA Improve Your Industrial Energy Performance?
We provide energy audits, but our services involve so much more than that. We consult on your energy efficiency projects and help you implement them. And we don’t charge you for implementation because we make our money from utility programs, not equipment installation services. We put your energy efficiency first to reduce your energy consumption levels and ensure you save money in the long run.
Why Invest in Energy Efficiency?
We’re all becoming more and more aware of how energy consumption and waste affect our businesses and the environment around them. If you don’t invest in energy efficiency, your facility becomes more expensive to operate while the environment around it deteriorates. Making your industrial facility more energy efficient now will save you time and money in the future. Once you put industrial energy efficiency measures in place, you’ll see the benefits immediately. The measures we help you develop and implement reduce heat loss and other forms of energy waste. Ultimately, investing in energy efficiency measures allows you to improve your facility and the environment around it.
If you’re ready to invest in your facility’s energy efficiency, reach out to Air Power USA today.